1. Drugs for the treatment of patients with cancer have increased their share of all launches from _______ 1996–2000 period to ________in the most recent 5-year period by 2012-2017.
2. Drugs launched with an orphan indication rose from_____ to _____of all launches from 2012-2017.
An orphan drug is a pharmaceutical agent which has been developed to treat a rare medical condition, the condition itself being referred to as a rare disease. A rare disease, also referred to as an "orphan disease", is any disease which affects a small percentage of the population.
3. The average time from original patent filing until U.S. launch for all molecules is______?
4. The average time from a product’s launch until the expiration of its patent is ______?
This Time provides exclusivity of protecting intellectual property defines the effective period during which returns on research and development investments can be achieved.
5. In the past 20 yrs from 1996 to 2015, how many drugs have reached $1 billion in annual sales mark within their first five years?
Trivia: A” blockbuster” drug is generally defined as a product that satisfies the following four criteria: the drug must represent significant improvements in drug therapy it must drive the growth of or even create, top-ten pharmaceutical companies it should form a top rank of products with exceptional sales last, but by no means least, it should generate global sales of at least US$ 1 billion.
6. In the past 20 yrs from 1996 to 2015, how many drugs have exceeded $3 billion in annual sales mark within five years of their launch?
7. Which top 3 therapy areas have highest number of New Active Substances launched from 1996 to 2015 & what percent of total New Active Substances were launched with in therapy areas?
8. What Percentage of the new medicines are primarily prescribed to patients by specialists rather than primary care physicians?
9. In last 20 yrs ranging from 1996 to 2015, about____ of the New Launches of medicines are large molecules (biologics).
10. Clinical trial site monitoring accounts for ______________of the total cost of clinical trials, making it the single highest cost factor for drug development.
11. The patient’s non-adherence to medication may lead to economical losses of about ____ of global total health expenditure.
Trivia: Patient Non-adherence to medication represents the majority of the world’s total avoidable costs linked to sub-optimal medicine use.
Disclaimer: The information in this Quiz was compiled from sources believed to be reliable for informational purposes only. We do not guarantee the accuracy of this information or any results and further assume no liability in connection with this publication, including any information, methods or safety suggestions contained herein. For the latest updates pertaining to this compilation visit the relevant website.
For any Feedback or suggestion mail at: email@example.com
Weblink – https://pharmastate.com/