Brief Description: The Digital Weighing Balance is very sensitive instrument used for weighing substances to the milligram (0.001 g) level.
To lay down the procedure for the calibration of digital weighing balances.
Applicable to digital weighing balances.
- Digital Weighing Balance: Digital Weighing Balance is very sensitive instrument used for weighing substances to the milligram (0.001 g) level
- Calibration: The demonstration that a particular instrument or device produces results within specified limits by comparison with those produced by a reference or traceable standard over an appropriate range of measurements.
- Switch Off the digital weighing balance.
- Clean the pan of the digital weighing balance.
- Switch On the digital weighing balance & allow it to stabilize for at least 10 minutes.
- After stabilization, check the Zero reading.
- If the Zero reading fluctuates then set Zero reading by pushing the button on the balance.
- Calibration shall be performed by putting 20 %, 40 %, 60 %, 80 % & max. weight of balance capacity.
- Place standard weights, sequentially & in ascending order, on the balance.
- Record the displayed readings in Calibration Log.
- Unload the standard weights from the pan, sequentially & in descending order, on the balance.
- If the difference is not within the limit ± 0.5% range, put the under maintenance label on the balance & arrange for repair, recertification &/or recalibration.
- If the difference between standard weight & displayed weight is more than the acceptance criteria, immediately inform to concerned dept. & investigation shall be carried out.
- Frequency : 30 Days ± 7 days
- Acceptance Criteria: ± 0.5 % of the standard weight / actual weight.
- QA shall verify all calibration records, approve. If any deficiency is found then QA shall inform to concerned department & investigation shall be performed.
For feedback or suggestions, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org