To lay down the procedure of Do’s and Don’ts to be followed in Microbiology Laboratory.
Applicable to Microbiology Lab.
All persons working in Microbiology Lab.
Do’s in Microbiology Lab
- Always maintain cleanliness & hygienic conditions in Lab.
- Personal hygiene and good habits should be practiced while working in Microbiology Laboratory.
- Immediately clean the testing area after completion of the work using disinfectant solution.
- Extensive Care & precautions should be exercised while working in Lab.
- Ensure no contamination should happen while handling the samples.
- “Entry-Exit Procedure for Microbiology” Lab should be strictly followed.
- Always wear clean Lab coat/Apron.
- Display Instructions in different areas & they shall be followed strictly.
- Before starting your job & after completion, wash & sanitize your hands with Antiseptic solution.
- Switch ON the Laminar Air Flow at least 30 minutes prior to starting up the activity.
- Always use MILLI-Q / Purified water for the preparation of media, assay dilutions and other microbiological work.
- Always use proper gowning, face mask, head caps & clean gloves while working in Lab.
Don’ts in Microbiology Lab
- Do not enter in the area in case of any cut / wound on the body.
- Do not enter in the area in case of ill health condition.
- Avoid coughing, sneezing and yawning in the testing area.
- Do not wear dirty Aprons or Uniforms in Lab.
- Don’t use dirty, unclean or punctured garments or gloves.
- Do not carry any ornaments, earrings, wrist watch or any such unwanted articles along with you.
- Do not chew, smoke, eat or drink in lab area.
- Do not bring any food items along with you in lab area.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with walls and other surface in areas.
- Never pick up any items fallen on the floor with gloves or forceps in working rooms.
- Never use exposed or contaminated media, reagents, water etc. in Microbiology Laboratory.
- Do not bring unclean or any dirty articles in the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Do not work with bare hands, without facemask, head cap and proper gowning in Microbiology Laboratory.